Thursday 6 September 2012

Goodbye Poem for Friends

A truly wonderful poem about Friendship and saying goodbye

A Friend Forever


Though it's only been a short while I've never had a friend like you 
But soon you will be leaving me 
And I don't know what to do 
Your love and understanding 
Have brought me a new hope 
I wish that I could keep you here 
Tied to me with a rope 
Why do you choose to leave me? 
I ask with confusion and pain 
Don't let me go back to feeling alone 
When will I see you again? 
The miles soon stretched between us 
What will happen to this bond? 
Will we reunite to find 
That this special tie is gone? 
So many questions I have 
My heart filled with fear 
Dreading you will leave me 
And never shed a tear 
Unlike this desperate aching 
In my heart that won't let go 
Which leads me now to tell you 
Something you must know 
The friendship you have given me 
The joy you bring my soul 
Has filled me with such strength 
And love once unforetold 
How can it be so short? 
This time we've spent together 
I thought you would remain here 
And love me 'til forever 
Sadly, wishful thinking 
As I now have come to see 
But remember please this thought 
When you think of me 
We may soon be separated 
But I'll remember, just the same 
Forever in my heart 
Is where you will remain 
I wish that when you leave 
We'd remain the best of friends 
You'll be in my thoughts 
'Till I see you again 
How can I say goodbye? 
No words, but just tears fall 
From my eyes and sobbing heart 
That knows you after all 
The hours spent together 
Will soon dwindle down to few 
Forcing me to let go 
And start this year anew 
Without you here to talk to 
Searching for a friendly face 
That knows all too well 
They can never be replaced


Source: Poem For a Friend Forever http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/poem-for-a-friend-forever#ixzz25g9qbbsh 
www.FamilyFriendPoems.com 

DITULIS OLEH NUR UMAIRAH AZHAR

No comments:

Post a Comment